Ray Gillen - Gone 20 years

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Ray Gillen - Gone 20 years

Postby aqharyder » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:15 pm

I don't know if this was mentioned elsewhere, but I was listening to Badlands today, and I remembered that Ray had died in December, but I didn't realize it had been 20 years, 12/01/1993. Such a beautiful voice; I wish he had had more time. RIP Ray.

All Access Member

Re: Ray Gillen - Gone 20 years

Postby Shadow » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:03 pm

Yes, a amazing Front-man-Vocalist for the BADLANDS Ray GILLEN (Mr. Sunshine himself) was and forevermore will be missed and remembered. What an incredible Vocal range he delivered and had & think goodness his/and his Music colleagues gritty-brothers Greg, Jeff, Eric & Jake music Classic grooves still "Shine-On" today. God Bless, and Rest In Sweet Harmony..'Sunshine. 8)

Postby bauerserves » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:21 pm

Love isn't a big enough word to describe how I feel about his soul that poured out everytime Ray sang. Janis meets Coverdale and I apologize for comparing him to anyone because he was and always will be the greatest hard rock/ blues funk artist to pour himself into a session. Ray's personal lyrics gave us a window into the soul of possibly the most sincere talent ever. Somewhere in the songs he wrote I will stay forever . One heart singing like a fire that will never die! Never leave my soul and will be burning bright forever! Ray is alive and well in me! The moments I take!

Ultimate Sinner

Postby dillivered » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:05 pm

I'm listening to a bootleg (I think I bought from this site) from T.A. Vern's in Milwaukee and he kicked live
! My favorite vocalist hands down...

Postby maliha » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:45 am

who are these ? :?: :?: Registered users: Bing [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot]

:!: :!: and i'm concerned about that all of a sudden these spams has come up and i really wonder what reason they got in doing it :!: and why just this site that is only for a click of fans for Jake's who hasnt been in the limelight for a decade :?:
Braindumps brain dumps

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:35 pm

Shadow wrote:Yes, a amazing Front-man-Vocalist for the BADLANDS Ray GILLEN (Mr. Sunshine himself) was and forevermore will be missed and remembered. What an incredible Vocal range he delivered and had & think goodness his/and his Music colleagues gritty-brothers Greg, Jeff, Eric & Jake music Classic grooves still "Shine-On" today. God Bless, and Rest In Sweet Harmony..'Sunshine. 8)

Surely, SUNSHINE-BADLANDS Vocalist-Frontman Ray Gillen is beaming (saying kick-it ..'and Rooting Jake onward!!) for his Music-Comrade In Arms Jake E. Lee and his RDC music album/Cd debut. :twisted: Solid!!

Return to Free for all...