[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
JakeELee.com - View topic - Shadow!

Shadow!

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Shadow!

Postby saltpeanuts » Fri May 24, 2013 8:10 am

Hey Shadow! As you can see by my badge, or whatever, I've been here for a really long time but seldom post. I have always loved reading your posts, your unique command of the English language, and your inspiring words regarding our favorite all-time guitarist. Just curious what is your nationality and if English is your first language. If you are uncomfortable answering, just ignore this. But my post is sincere, and I have just always wondered about your background!

Me, I'm just a cleancut Southern boy, 80's drummer from bands unknown, now living and working in NYC.

Anyone else care to add their general background?

All Access Member

Re: Shadow!

Postby macheted01 » Sat May 25, 2013 6:31 am

Michigan homegrown here. Grew up on the 80's music. Playing bass and guitar in an unknown trio of classic rock and blues tunes.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby aqharyder » Mon May 27, 2013 5:40 pm

Great idea about sharing about ourselves. Nice to get to know the people on the board. I live in Northern California, love hard rock, and of course my all-time favorite guitarist is Jake E. Lee! I've seen him twice, and of the hundreds of concerts I've been to, I have never experienced before or since the exhilaration I feel when he plays. I played guitar very little a long time ago, I have always been involved in horses, so that kept me limited in other things, but my ear buds are never far away.

macheted01, I love Michigan! My dad is from Kalamazoo, and I spent many summers there and in Gull Lake visiting family.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:58 pm

Your right I don't like being put on the spot...'I prefer other's to be. Well, that's joke...'smile. I don't like to see anyone in a uncomfortable spot but looking over your post, I concluded it to be "sincere" not putting me under a microscrope: so I share a little bit about me. I'm a black-female American born/raised in the West Coast/San Francisco: I lov' all kinds of music from Soul/Motown, easy listerning to HEAVY Metal bands like Judas Priest and the Scorpions got hooked on 1st there hold a special place in my Heart. Also my Motown RARE EARTH whom I've been a fan since ten yrs old in 1969, also love 3 Dog Night, Earth Wind and Fire, The Carpenters, Chicago, Donna Summer and Bread to name a few Master legend bands/Music Artists. I love painting/illustrating...'and have drawn my wicked-wicked boys Jake (OZZY/BADLANDS) & Mandy (WWIII/Mandy Lion band) b/w illustration for JAKE's 'site (it was shown at one point along time ago/but now it's archive) and it should be in safe keeping w/legendary Webmaster(s) Chris & Jeff. Well, that's about it...'peace.

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:25 am

Agharyder, Kalamazoo, home of the Gibson guitar plant, which is still functioning under Heritage Guitars. I have been all over Michigan and there is always more to see.
Shadow, I think I have mentioned this before, but I have sat down and had dinner with Gil Bridges (Sax player) from Rare Earth on a couple different occasions. He is my ex's father in law. Cool guy. I have been to his house and seen his old school home studio.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby saltpeanuts » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:29 am

Thanks Shadow, and all! That is quite a unique and amazing background! Thanks much for sharing it! I'm just a lil white guy from South Georgia, whom married the girl I met on the last day of high school way back in 1986. She's Japanese, and we have 2 beautiful half-Japanese daughters, and so Jake really holds a special place in my heart. I played drums in a bunch of local alternative bands and even had a sound guy from 38 Special tell me I should pursue it as a career and that he could get me some auditions for touring bands. However, I don't like the night life so much and I don't like to starve, so I took a different path in life. I have been a fan of heavy metal since seeing my brother's Black Sabbath and Rush albums in the late 70's and I continue to listen to everything in the genre! Jake is still my fav all-time guitarist!

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:58 pm

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:24 pm

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby saltpeanuts » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:29 pm

Thanks Shadow! Well, not quite a professional drummer but I did help pay my way through college! Anyhow, "Salt Peanuts" for me is from the Dizzy Gillespie song! I'm not such a fan of jazz, but I always have loved how he sang it!

Postby mattster70 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:53 am

Thanks for the background you guys! I have always enjoyed your posts, Shadow.

I have not posted here in a long time, since there has been little to no news of Jake until he resurfaced a couple of years ago.

I guess I'll play along, since some of you were nice enough to share a little of your history.

I've been playing guitar for a long long time. Jake was a HUGE influence on my playing, since I always loved his aggressive style, vibrato and chord choices. I played in the late 80's and 90's all over my home town of San Antonio and all over South Texas. I formed a band called GIVEN in 2002, recorded a CD and did that until 2006.

In 2008 I joined a band called Eden Burning and my "career" enjoyed a bit of a rebirth. We played all over the place, and even opened for many of the bands I loved starting out: Tesla, Michael Schenker, Great White, Dokken, George Lynch's Souls of We and others. Recorded a CD with them called "Banged Up and Dirty," which I also produced. I reached my goal of playing the Sunset Strip in 2010 when we played the Rainbow Bar and Grill. Funny that I achieved that after my 40th b-day!

I parted ways with EB in 2011, but "Banged Up and Dirty" is still going and has just been picked up for distribution overseas. I also played lead for them on a cover of Motley Crue's "Starry Eyes" which will appear on a Motley Tribute CD out in the next couple months.

Since then, I continue to work my "day job," but I play covers in an Acoustic Duo here in town and I am plotting once again to start a new original project. I am as excited as anyone to hear Jake's new project! I saw Badlands twice and met them as well. Eric Singer was one of the nicest people I ever met in the business. Meeting the guys was an awesome experience, and I'll never forget how I couldn't find my words when I finally met Jake! They continue to be one of my favorite bands of all time.

Return to Free for all...