Jimi Hendrix - unreleased

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Jimi Hendrix - unreleased

Postby Doobie » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:50 am

All Access Member

Re: Jimi Hendrix - unreleased

Postby Shadow » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:52 pm

I'm sure there's a nice hefty-treasure of HENDRIX hidden-music in the vault: "Somewhere" the title alone from the legendary Master-virturoso Jimmy Hendrix sounds like another master-Classic piece, to me.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:52 pm

Our local music reviewer finished up his review with this synopsis:
The tracks are raw and intimate -- some are clearly demos -- with the guitarist mostly working in a trio format with Billy Cox, Buddy Miles and Mitch Mitchell. The voodoo psychedelia of "Electric Ladyland" is largely absent, although Hendrix may have intended to add that in post-production, but the blues-drenched music is vibrant, insistent and startlingly alive."

Postby vuduhwy » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:27 am

Im sure that Im about to get clobbered here, but I own the new Hendrix and I'm not overly impressed. Its great it you want to hear something by him that you haven't heard yet, but d0nt expect it to blow your ears away. It IS very raw. It is, however, a must have in the collector's sense. Jimi's playing is really good, but I personally d0nt find the songs to really stand out. Having said that, most of us fans should want/have this.......Hell, Jake E Lee could release a cd with distorted belches and I would have to buy it.....ha! Ok.....thats my lame review........flame away......

Postby skezza » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:01 am

vuduhwy, it's not surprising that the songs aren't standout. They were demos and unreleased tracks weren't they? If they were demos they probably weren't fully finished and were still in the writing process. Probably undermixed, underperformed with little attention to the detail that Jimi had while in the recording process. If they were unreleased tracks they were probably considered too weak for the album. Just look at Ozzy. You can buy most of his re-released albums now with one or even two unreleased tracks, and in most cases you'll find they are quite weak. In truth, I actually like 'You Looking at Me, Looking at You' and I also like 'One Up The B Side', however, in most cases, they weren't very strong.
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Postby vuduhwy » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:37 am

Skezza....

I'm one of those guys who is pretty bad (at times) of stating or overstating the obvious....haha
You are right about all you said in your reply to my post.
What I should have said was that I didn't really go into it thinking that it was going to be, what it wasn't intended to be, polished.
I know that wasn't much of a review on my part.
Thanks for the reply!

Return to Free for all...