death notice

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: death notice

Postby Shadow » Thu May 31, 2012 4:09 pm

Rest in sweet harmony music Masters Donald "Duck" Dunn (unusal name), Bam-Bam (Skid Row/Drummer) and Doc Watson (legendary Blue grass/Folklore) musicians. Much respects and heart embrace to their Families.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:37 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs12kDLr2g0

(melodicrock.com)
ROCK CITY ANGELS FRONTMAN PASSES AWAY:
More incredibly sad news with today's announcement of the death of Rock City Angels frontman/founder Bobby Durango. RCA were one of those bands that just seemed destined for greatness, but instead they joined the ranks of the many cult rock acts that we here all know and appreciate.
This from the band's Facebook page: www.facebook.com/rockcityangels.

"The Rock City Angels are no stranger to rumors. There is no shortage of outlandish tales attributed to the band that, while entertaining and bizarre, are just patently untrue. We wish we could tell you all that the most recent story circling around was just another fabrication … another rock n' roll tall tale. We can't. Yesterday we received the shocking news that our founder, singer and beloved brother Bobby Durango passed away.
Whether you knew Bobby in the flesh, only knew him online or just listened to his music, all of our lives are emptier today without him. And as for those rumors we talked about earlier, even we don't know all of the details yet, so out of respect for his family it would be greatly appreciated if we could all refrain from posting any personal theories about the circumstances and instead celebrate the man's life. He certainly left us an amazing soundtrack." ~ The Rock City Angels (all members, past and present).
R.I.P. Bobby. Another untimely departure from this world.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:47 am

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:17 pm

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:26 pm

Doobie wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs12kDLr2g0

(melodicrock.com)
ROCK CITY ANGELS FRONTMAN PASSES AWAY:
More incredibly sad news with today's announcement of the death of Rock City Angels frontman/founder Bobby Durango. RCA were one of those bands that just seemed destined for greatness, but instead they joined the ranks of the many cult rock acts that we here all know and appreciate.
This from the band's Facebook page: www.facebook.com/rockcityangels.

"The Rock City Angels are no stranger to rumors. There is no shortage of outlandish tales attributed to the band that, while entertaining and bizarre, are just patently untrue. We wish we could tell you all that the most recent story circling around was just another fabrication … another rock n' roll tall tale. We can't. Yesterday we received the shocking news that our founder, singer and beloved brother Bobby Durango passed away.
Whether you knew Bobby in the flesh, only knew him online or just listened to his music, all of our lives are emptier today without him. And as for those rumors we talked about earlier, even we don't know all of the details yet, so out of respect for his family it would be greatly appreciated if we could all refrain from posting any personal theories about the circumstances and instead celebrate the man's life. He certainly left us an amazing soundtrack." ~ The Rock City Angels (all members, past and present).
R.I.P. Bobby. Another untimely departure from this world.

WOW, what Spitfire he/Bobby Durango was kinda reminds me of the legendary Icon JIM DANDY (he was a trip!!)..'who knows proberly might be a kin of his: BOBBY DURANGO Classic Rocker Frontman/Founder was certainly wild and charismatic. His ROCK CITY ANGELS band totally Rocked!! Much Heart felt condolences to the Band & Durango Family.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:29 pm

Doobie wrote:http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/06/07/2838184/former-fleetwood-mac-guitaristsinger.html

Another legendary Classic Rocker Bob WELCH/FLEETWOOD MAC. Rest in sweet harmony.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:33 pm

Doobie wrote:http://www.noisecreep.com/2012/07/16/jon-lord-dead-dies/?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl2|sec3_lnk1%26pLid%3D179800

Heart breaking and quite surprising even though he'd lived to be 71 yrs old: he still had alot of living to do legendary Master Musician/Keyboardist Jon LORD (awesome!!) from Iconic band DEEP PURPLE. "Smoke On the Water" etc.,. are masterpieces!! Heart embrace condolences to the Lord Family.

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:32 pm

You hit the nail on the head!! I don't have medical Insurance right now and my medications are killing me :evil: A steriod inhailer generic is 158.00 and last about a month if I'm lucky and a rescue inhailer is at least 45 to 50...Hell I can't afford to breath...capital hill/insurance/pharma bastards :twisted: I've been looking into ordering my stuff from Canada...
Did I say bastards I ment BASTARDS!!!!

Doobie wrote:If you're not sick enough the insurance practices in this country will make you that way. He's sick. Goes to the hospital to get well. Receives massive bills. Becomes depressed. Kills self.

Makes you not want to get help when you're sick :roll:

And, while I'm on this rant ... my dad had a heart attack in December. Had bypass surgery. Recovered at my house for over three weeks before returning home. One of his 10 prescriptions was for thirty one 81 mg aspirin. WTF? You can go to the Dollar Store and get two hundred 81 mg aspirin for $3. $ $ $ $ It's what makes the world go 'round. Oops, I meant to say, it's what makes us middle and lower classer's go broke. :evil:

Oh, here's another. Dad didn't ask for pain medication one solitary time during his one week rehab time in the hospital after the bypass. They send him home a prescription for 60 OC's with two refills. ?!?!?!?! :!:
"Here, Dad. Let me dispose of those for you". Kidding ...

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:34 pm

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:22 pm

Doobie wrote:http://www.spinner.com/2012/08/07/stuart-swanlund-dead-marshall-tucker-band/

Beautiful, breathtaking live performance "On the Mountain" from the Western/Iconic MARSHALL TUCKER Band. Sorry, to hear that their guitarist Stuart Swanlund's passing away, much condolences to his/Swanlund's Family and the Marshall Tucker band.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:28 am

Rick Chadock - guitarist for White Sister - has passed away after losing a long battle with cancer.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:20 am

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:18 am

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:56 pm

Sad news ...thank you Doobie for letting us know :(

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:29 am

You're welcome. I hate having to post things on this thread but, it does keep us aware. :-/

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...