death notice

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

death notice

Postby Doobie » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:51 am

All Access Member

Re: death notice

Postby Gutterflower » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:23 am

:cry: RIP Jeff :cry:

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:35 am

That is sad. Jeff was a great musician. Always really liked that song Angel Eyes.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:53 pm

That is a damn shame :cry: R.I.P. Jeff. Despite his disability and illness he continued to live life to its fullest and not to mention become a damn good musician as well. I was just watching RoadHouse the other night and i was wandering what he was doing these days. Once again R.I.P. Jeff.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:17 am

TED NUGENT'S FORMER DRUMMER CLIFF DAVIES FOUND DEAD:

April 15, 2008

DALLAS, Ga. -- Police are investigating the apparent suicide of a former drummer for Michigan rocker Ted Nugent.

Corporal Brandon Gurley with the Paulding County Sheriff's department says 59-year-old Clifford Davies was found dead from a gunshot wound in his suburban Atlanta home Sunday.

Gurley says authorities are awaiting the results of an autopsy.

A woman who answered the phone at Davies' home said she wanted to check with her family before commenting.

Reed Beaver, who owns Equametric Studio in Marietta where Davies was a chief engineer, confirmed Davies was a drummer for Nugent and played on his trademark recording "Cat Scratch Fever."

Beaver says Davies called him Saturday "extremely distraught" over medical bills.

Courtesy of www.thecanadianpress.com

:cry:

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:55 pm

I have plenty of those and I don't worry about it. What are they going to do? Take my spleen for payment?

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:44 pm

If you're not sick enough the insurance practices in this country will make you that way. He's sick. Goes to the hospital to get well. Receives massive bills. Becomes depressed. Kills self.

Makes you not want to get help when you're sick :roll:

And, while I'm on this rant ... my dad had a heart attack in December. Had bypass surgery. Recovered at my house for over three weeks before returning home. One of his 10 prescriptions was for thirty one 81 mg aspirin. WTF? You can go to the Dollar Store and get two hundred 81 mg aspirin for $3. $ $ $ $ It's what makes the world go 'round. Oops, I meant to say, it's what makes us middle and lower classer's go broke. :evil:

Oh, here's another. Dad didn't ask for pain medication one solitary time during his one week rehab time in the hospital after the bypass. They send him home a prescription for 60 OC's with two refills. ?!?!?!?! :!:
"Here, Dad. Let me dispose of those for you". Kidding ...

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed May 14, 2008 3:45 pm

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Thu May 15, 2008 3:26 am

lifestyle dicates

All Access Member

Postby dave1021 » Thu May 15, 2008 5:02 am

John Routsey (sp?) had diabetes at an early age ( probably juvenile ). He left the band because of the wear and tear / the toll being in a touring band would take on his body. According to the article he gave up drumming and got into bodybuilding after leaving the band. The diet and exercise routine one must maintain to copete in bodybuilding are effective way s to manage diabetes without meds. With him dying at 55 its possible his diabetes was unmanageable. So his death may have not have been as much lifestyle as it was pre-existing condition.

Rest in Peace John.

Dave
...And somebody said Fair Warning, Lord strike that poor boy down. Turned from hunted into hunter, went to hunt somebody down.--Van Halen

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:09 am

R.I.P. JACK YOUNG OF PHANTOM'S OPERA:
Barrie and Khalil at Escape Music ltd are very sad to announce the death of Jack Young, founder member of New Jersey Theatrical metal band Phantom's Opera. Jack died recently and we would like to pass our sympathies to his family and at the same time thank him for his association with Escape Music in past years. Although he will be greatly missed by all, we are sure his music will live on and will always be remembered by his fans worldwide.

John Peter "Jack" Yanoso died Tuesday, Aug. 12, 2008, at the Mary Anne Hale Pavilion of Haven Hospice, JFK Medical Center in Edison. He was 57.
He was born in Perth Amboy and was a lifelong resident of Perth Amboy. Mr. Yanoso was awarded a degree in engineering in 1973 from Newark College of Engineering, now New Jersey Institute of Technology, and was employed by the Shaw Group at its Edison facility for the past 25 years, presently as a Business Line Manager. He was a member of St. John's Orthodox Church in Perth Amboy. A longtime musician, Mr. Yanoso was an accomplished keyboard player and founder of the band Phantom's Opera, under his professional name, Jack Young.
He was predeceased by his father, John Yanoso, in 2002.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:01 am

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:26 am

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:35 am

Damn, he was a consumate professional. Thanks for the good music and good times, Rick. May you rest in peace.
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:42 am

Doobie wrote:Pink Floyd founding member:

http://www.popeater.com/music/article/p ... ies/174459

man that's really upset me :(

Rick was my Favorite member of Pink Floyd and i never got to see him Live.

R.I.P Rick
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

Next

Return to Free for all...