Upcoming Badlands Tribute

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Upcoming Badlands Tribute

Postby jimiforrest » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:14 pm

Hey everybody. It's been a long time since I've posted here. Life gets busy, LOL. Between family, musical endeavors and work, I don't get to keep up as much as I'd like. However, I'd like to let everyone know about an exciting new project I'm involved in. It's a Badlands tribute and involves Shawn Crosby (fresh off the road singing for Red Dragon Cartel before Darren's return) and yours truly on guitar. The songlist will include songs from all three albums (Badlands, Voodoo Highway and Dusk) as well as some covers Badlands were known to incorporate in their sets. We are in the process of rehearsing and gearing up for a lot of fun accross the USA. I'll keep everyone posted as things unfold.

You may remember that I headed up the Jake E Lee Tribute several years ago. This was a monumental task that involved countless hours as it was all done from start to finish here on the forum. Mike Varney (Shrapnel Records) delivered it personally to Jake when it was completed (this was when Jake's Retraced album was in the works). I'd like to think that this had some miniscule part in Jake's return as we all waited so long for something new from him. Anyway, the project was never officially released due to a lot of circumstances that nothing to do with Jake. I re-visited the final tracks recently (after digging through tons of file archives) and was reminded what a fantastic job everyone did. Musicians from all over the world contributed, using different musical platforms in the digital age's infancy and the final product was a true test of our desire to let Jake know how much we missed him. To make a long story short, things are much easier in today's digital age and Jake is back! I'm looking at a couple of different avenues to make 'Rock 'n Roll Rebel - A Tribute to Jake E Lee' available for all of you to listen. Stay tuned for this as well.

I hope everyone here is doing well and I look forward to hearing from and seeing many of you soon!

All The Best,
Jimi

Return to All things Jake E Lee...