Autograph

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Autograph

Postby colonel90 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:33 pm

I saw RDC's show at Trees in Dallas on March 16 of this year. It was the first time I had ever seen Jake play live in person, and it was a great show. Especially since I was not expecting him to play any Ozzy songs. That was a pleasant surprise.

However, I was very disappointed that Jake did not come out to sign autographs after the show. Trees is a small venue, and there weren't that many people there. I was informed by the lady at the merch table that Jake had played 5 shows in 6 days and would not be coming out. This was extremely disappointing and somewhat of a slap in the face to the people who waited around after the show who supported him for so many years while he stayed out of the limelight. I said to her, "So I'm out of luck because he's played 5 shows in 6 days?" She said, "That's right. He's not coming out." There was some idiot there who brought everything but the kitchen sink for Jake to sign, and I understand not indulging people like that. But Jake. . .I Just wanted one autograph. Your fans are your lifeblood.

Who knows how I can get Jake's autograph? Is there an address I can write to?

Killer of Giants

Re: Autograph

Postby sytharnia » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:51 pm

I don't know man 5 shows in 6 nights IN DIFFERENT towns is a pretty hard run man (I've done it and it kinda sucks)...can't blame him for not wanting to do much more than probably go back to the hotel (or drive to the next gig).
I know it sucks that you didn't get an autograph but muso's are superheroes....they do need rest :idea:

Postby Sirsinner » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:57 am

Recently in the uk travelled to Birmingham to find the dc gig cancelled the band heard wed travelled 7 hours to get there so invited us to the hotel where we got drunk and then spent the whole night with them in Birmingham !!!!we also got invited to e rescheduled gig the same week in manchester which we drove another 8 hours for the show was great they put us on the guest list then continued to drink with yes yet again well into the next morning ,a great band a bunch if great guys and a week to remember !!!!!

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:00 pm

Sorry, to hear that and I really don't know the solution to this situation ...'All I can say is keep your treasures 'cause their "special" AND yes it's difficult on fans when that legendary Music Artists/Bands have their moments: their busy, busy/and rushed and can't signed things. You never know maybe they might show-up at your Home doorstep and Autograph all those Classic's you want signed. Surprise. Peace and don't take it personally. 8)

Postby skezza » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:11 am

Sirsinner wrote:Recently in the uk travelled to Birmingham to find the dc gig cancelled the band heard wed travelled 7 hours to get there so invited us to the hotel where we got drunk and then spent the whole night with them in Birmingham !!!!we also got invited to e rescheduled gig the same week in manchester which we drove another 8 hours for the show was great they put us on the guest list then continued to drink with yes yet again well into the next morning ,a great band a bunch if great guys and a week to remember !!!!!

Did the same pilgrimage minus the ridiculous travelling time :)

Tough one on the autograph. I'm having a guess that the female on the merch table was his girlfriend. Just to give a different direction on this, when I met him, we waited outside for him missing the support act in the process and he came out and said "I just need to go the toilet guys" which is something I've heard a million times, usually resulting in them not coming back. 5 minutes later, Jake returned and signed autographs, posed for photos and chatted openly about all things for a good 20 minutes with us. If Jake didn't come out, I'm guessing there was a genuine reason. 5 shows in 6 days is a hell of a week. I reckon it would make most people poorly, so it wouldn't surprise me if Jake wasn't quite feeling up to it.

I feel for you mind, although I must admit, those who bring like 60 different items in a rucksack are selfish because that in itself will put anyone off.
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Postby Wanted_Man » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:15 pm

I was at the show @Trees as well. I was hoping he was going to come out and waited for a time. It didn't bother me that he didn't. I remember the guy who brought "everything but the kitchen sink," as you say. Ha! It was a good show and I was not dissapointed. Was hoping for more songs from The Ultimate Sin, though. Probably the best show I've seen all year. It was a trip being so close to Jake while he played!

Postby 777nmp » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:38 pm

Sorry about the autograph, but now you know he's coming back out, and back to a few shows in Texas. Get a meet and greet if available- at the show I went to, only at the venue could I upgrade and meet - Just a thought .

Return to All things Jake E Lee...