Too much too fast?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Too much too fast?

Postby Doobie » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:14 pm

Killer of Giants

Re: Too much too fast?

Postby sytharnia » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:25 pm

yeah I think the writings on the wall that jake is going to walk away after the tour is done and we will never hear anything from him again .... such a shame but it is his life and his choice

Postby skezza » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:42 am

I think you are right sytharnia, and I will be devastated if it's true. Always wanted to see Jake live. Never had the opportunity until now. It was so close, and it's been grabbed away.

Should have gone the fucking show in Nottingham to be honest.
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:10 am

Ultimate Sinner

Postby LouZ » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:42 pm

The tour schedule has been brutal. I don't know who booked these shows, but the band is playing like 5 nights a week in totally different areas. The traveling can't be easy.

Going forward, maybe Jake will just do an occasional album or guest appearance. Who knows.
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:01 pm

I think it's more to this disappointing Drama news: JAKE E. LEE and his band RED DRAGON CARTEL are dedicated Professional musicians and have delivered/put out an out-ta-sight "come-back" new album (hope their will be a follow-up album/CD in the works!!) that brought them this Tour 2014...'Sorry, that their going through such epic moments with what-ever (whom ever) is telling them they won't be able to have a Concert at this City or that City (what ever Country their in). Something in the Music Business is making it difficult for this much important Tour quest 2014 'venture that JAKE & Company are set on..'to make them stumble/putting the blame on them when it "should not" be!! I seriously doubt/don't believe that JAKE & his Band would cancelled so many Concerts...'I think that it's something else in the works here. What ever it is hope it gets "cleared-up" real soon so the fans get a chance to see their Music Rebel Idol Mr. Jake E. Lee and his band RDC: they put their Hearts and Souls into this Tour 2014 and what lays ahead. Which is more JAKE's RDC. God Bless and hang in there and hope you guys have a good/Professional Concert Promoter person/and a Lawyer.

Postby bauerserves » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:55 pm

Like Jake said man, music is his happiness and when the circumstances that effect his soul are fkd up then any one of us would do the same! I hope that all of our desire to share his heart is what keeps him grounded and Fk European fans if that's what's happening here. They didnt even appreciate zeppelin for god sakes! Jake is a national hero, inspiring millions of musicians to learn and become him someday. Goodluck and god bless

Postby skezza » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:10 am

bauerserves wrote:Like Jake said man, music is his happiness and when the circumstances that effect his soul are fkd up then any one of us would do the same! I hope that all of our desire to share his heart is what keeps him grounded and Fk European fans if that's what's happening here. They didnt even appreciate zeppelin for god sakes! Jake is a national hero, inspiring millions of musicians to learn and become him someday. Goodluck and god bless

:| ? Really don't know what the fans have to do with it and Led Zeppelin are a national treasure, in the UK at least. We certainly did appreciate Led Zeppelin and still do, my good man.

Jake has answered our prayers. Yesterday, after cutting Red Dragon Cartel's ties with Metal Music Bookings and that arsehole Denise Dale, Jake announced that an emergency show in Manchester has been scheduled for tomorrow night and has also said the Buckley gig is back on but that fans will have to buy new tickets and get refunds for the old ones. The old tickets were significantly more expensive, so fans should get a few quid back. The tickets for Slade Rooms and Buckley were £25 each + the typical TicketTwatster service charges taking them up to £87 for three tickets. The tickets for this gig in Manchester are only £10 each with a £1 booking charge per ticket so £11 each!!!. Same for Buckley, so there might be a few more sold

Certainly wasn't going miss this one, booked last night as soon as they went on sale:

Let's hope it's a great gig and hopefully, I might be lucky enough to meet Jake himself after (or before, I'm going to go nice and early).

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:25 pm

awesome, I was gonna send you the link to that show announcement but figured you'd be on it .... have fun and do what ever it takes to meet jake (and tell him you run .com now to)

Postby skezza » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:17 am

I'm going to meet Jake hopefully. I'm parking on the all night car park, so if it takes me two bloody hours to meet him, it'll hopefully happen. I'm just hoping I eventually find them. Are they going to be around the back entrance or coming into the bar? Who knows eh?

All Access Member

Postby oleander » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:05 pm

Skezza - I was going to ask if you'd managed to get to one of the rescheduled shows but having seen recent pics of your new tattoo the answer is most definitely "Yeahhh!"

So glad you got to see & hear Jake live. I saw him in London - truly a dream come true. He was bloody amazing!!!

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:21 am

oleander wrote:Skezza - I was going to ask if you'd managed to get to one of the rescheduled shows but having seen recent pics of your new tattoo the answer is most definitely "Yeahhh!"

So glad you got to see & hear Jake live. I saw him in London - truly a dream come true. He was bloody amazing!!!

um MORE INFO needed skezza ... and pictures

Postby skezza » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:49 am

Sorry for the delay in my response. I planned to put something up the day after, but it was a bit of a crazy day and then the weekend has just been berserk, what with the World Cup (England shit as usual, come on USA!!) and then a super busy Sunday.

My word, what a night. Still struggling for words, even 4 days after the event. I would have to say it's one of those gigs where in twenty years I'll be able to say "I was there". I went to the Manchester emergency gig at Satan's Hollow on the 12th. Tickets were only on-sale for about 2 days, so there was almost no chance of any publicity of the gig really. I wasn't sure how many people were going to be there as I was convinced a few who missed the Wolverhampton gig would try and make it.

Turned up about half an hour before the doors opened. Was stood outside chatting to someone already there when I spotted Darren trying to get signal on his phone. Went and had a good chat with him. We talked about the Wolverhampton gig and I can tell the band are seriously hurt about the events that took place. The more I hear about what went on, the more it becomes fairly obvious that this was the fault of the promoter, aka Denise Dale, as opposed to the band.

The doors opened at just after 7pm, but I decided to stay outside in the hope that Jake would appear. After a while, it seemed more unlikely that Jake would come out, and most of those waiting went inside to watch the support group. All of a sudden, he appears. I was bloody nervous talking to him, but my word he's a seriously nice guy. We chatted about his guitars, how the tour had been going, the Wolverhamtpon gig and he signed the booklet to my RDC cD. I mentioned the website and the fact I was now running it and he said that he does sometimes visit, but hadn't got a sign-in right now. He said he would sign up when he got chance, so hopefully he will! :D

The gig itself was epic. Jake was on fire. The band were seriously tight. Darren's singing was stunning. Rumblin' Train was absolutely immense. It was also the loudest gig I've ever been too!

At the end of the gig, I went up to Jake again and got another photo with him, had him sign my official tour photo and eventually asked him to sign my arm.

I had it tattooed on Saturday :D

It'll probably draw mixed opinions, but I'm chuffed with it :)

Ultimate Sinner

Postby AZFF » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:06 pm

I saw the tattoo post on RDC's Facebook page. Cool!!! :)

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:37 pm

Awesome stuff man ... and hey don't be to hard on england, they looked pretty damn good against italy, esp up front. If they can strength the mid field find a replacement for gerard I reckon they might be dangerous in the next euro tournament

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...