Welcome to the new JakeELee.com

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Welcome to the new JakeELee.com

Postby skezza » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:05 pm

Firstly, welcome to the new JakeELee.com, or should that be welcome back? I'm not sure :lol:

I would once again like to reiterate my gratitude to Jeff. This community would not exist without his dedication over the last 10 years. I am very thankful for that.

It has taken a few weeks to get this all finalized. Over the last few days, it's taken quite a lot of database tweaking (more than I expected), but now the site is ready to go. I am using new software to run the forum. It should be fairly similar with regards to functionality etc. I'm sure a few of you are wondering why the site is looking so stripped down, well, this is only a temporary solution. While I plan to keep these forums as they are, I eventually intend on converting JakeELee.com back into a fully functioning biographical website, similar to the one run by Jeff. I hope to get this done before Jake's new album is released, but we're a little bit off that yet. I will start working on that this weekend and will keep everyone updated.

With regards to the site currently:
-The default style (the blue and grey) isn't necessarily going to be the final style, so feel free to write ANY feedback. I will not take offence. I merely picked this one as it was 'sort of' similar to the JakeELee.com of old, although with a fair few differences (the blue perhaps).
-The logo is pitiful, I know. Really, it is just a placeholder. I will eventually get a far more professional looking logo for the site.
-There are probably a few little discrepancies around the site; little details that remain from the old site that are now redundant. I am still finishing the site off, so to speak, so there is no need to worry about these. Please PM me regarding any you might notice (I've already spotted that some members are still 'All Access Members' when obviously that doesn't really exist at the moment, I will sort that in the next few days).
-I apologize now, but any PM's that were sent in the last few days will have disappeared. The database backup we used was from a while ago, and it was a difficult process to get it imported + successfully convert it to this newer software. The reason why topic posts haven't been lost is because I sat up the last few nights copying and pasting them, directly from the old site then altering the database to match the details such as time, author etc.
-Most off-site avatars have been saved, however those from the previous gallery may well have been lost. I am going to try and restore the old gallery tomorrow, however we'll see how I get on.
-The new site is fast enough for daily use however I am still tuning and optimizing the php settings. As such, if you notice a lagg every so often, please don't be alarmed, I am going to be sorting the correct php configuration settings over the next week or so and as such these will disappear. Also, let me know if you get Gateway Timeout errors, this is partly to do with that optimization :)
-I am hoping that the moderators on the old JakeELee.com will remain moderators on the new one. Their permissions still remain in place, so if Fretman and alder would like to return to doing this, that would be fantastic :)

Any kind of requests or suggestions will be considered, so feel free to let me know how you feel :)

Any questions by the way? :P

WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Re: Welcome to the new JakeELee.com

Postby BABAU6 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:33 pm

Where is the photo gallery? Please make it available as soon as possible!

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:14 pm

One thing I noticed earlier on and could not tell you if it is still a problem or not, was editing your posts. Like if you wanted to go back real quick to correct something. Also, something I never heard of before in another forum was http://www.gravatar.com for your avatar. May be something you can utilize here. I dont know as I have not even used it yet on the other forum. Anyways, so far so good.

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:16 pm

Cool, just out of curiousity, I went into edit mode and it worked. Nice.

Postby skezza » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:05 am

Ahh good, I was worried then Macheted, I have started work on his new biographical site.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:29 pm

Hi Skezza, the new, up graded Jake E. Lee Website looks pretty awesome/thanks for taking on the legendary Rebel guitarist 'site and much congrates in being the new Webmaster. Welcome, you have a awesome heart like Webmaster of old (O'Neill and Levesque)..'smile. Chat at ya, later. Will there be an gallery and music History facts on da Oge? Peace! :idea:

Postby skezza » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:01 pm

Hi Shadow,

The gallery probably won't be coming back. Most of those photos were by professionals and given to Jeff on the understanding they wouldn't be reproduced. It would probably in bad taste for me to begin using them on site without the consent of the original authors. If I can get such consent, they can obviously return but as I am still working on the new bio site, it will be a while before I get chance.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu May 02, 2013 5:41 pm

That's too bad but I understand. In any event I do like the cool photo image of JAKE E. LEE above: it has a really nice rebel Classic touch to it. Nice!! :P

Postby skezza » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:04 am

OK, so as you can guess my development for the new site somewhat stalled a few months ago. Work and life has just taken over and it's been almost impossible to dedicate any time to the site :( I'm hoping I can spend sometime this Christmas and we can tune it up a bit. Get a nice new frontend so people can read about Jake and what's going on, and hopefully we can continue to keep this section going.

For what it's worth, I'll probably be needing moderators and potentially guys to update the new frontend and keep this running smooth. Feel free to PMif you're interested. Hopefully we can make this happen :)

Return to All things Jake E Lee...