Skezza is taking over jakeelee.com

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Skezza is taking over jakeelee.com

Postby jefnel1 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:46 am

Hey folks. I deleted the other post about taking over the site. Skezza, a long time Jake fan and moderator for the last 5+ years, will be taking over jakeelee.com. He and I are working feverishly to make this a smooth transition so that all content will stay intact. There may be an interim solution just to keep the forum going, but ultimately I think Skezza will bring jakeelee.com to new heights.

I hope that Jake will satisfy his fans' need to hear new material soon. I wish you all the best and hope that I've served you well over the last 10 years. I will remain a member and poke in from time to time, but as far as ownership and maintenance, I'm outta here!

Please join me in welcoming Skezza into his new role and please be nice to each other throughout this transition! I'd like to see some of the long time members come out of the woodwork and comment as well! (Fretman, Shadow, Doobie, Shredder, Deansolo and the others I forgot to name) For the newer members, you really need to calm down a bit. Jake fans are such passionate people, they seem to need to argue about everything. Language barriers aside, some of you are just mean spirited! Just remember that we all share a common bond - a love for great music. That is what this website is all about and what has sustained us all these years.

"Baby I know that you're leavin'. It's over, it's over I know. Now that my heart now is bleedin'...don't know which way to turn, right on! Cuz yesterday's gone, dreams carry on. Will you return my way, no. Sing me a sweet sweet song. Turn out the lights and my love will burn on and on. Hold me until tomorrow...dreams in the dark."

All Access Member

Re: Skezza is taking over jakeelee.com

Postby macheted01 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:10 pm

Hell yeah, keeping it alive. Welcome and thankyou Skezza, for taking this on. Feeling good about whats ahead.

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:13 pm

Also, thankyou Jefnel1 for your work here and passing the torch, rather than letting it go down. Looking forward to your thoughts and input along the way as well. Good luck.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:26 pm

Jefnel, we really appreciate all you put into this site and how you hung with us for so long.

Skezza will do the site proud and we accept him with open arms!! Thank you, Skezza!! It would have been a shame to see the site go down since Jake is in the studio and about to tour.

Postby BlacknGold » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:50 pm

Thanks, Jefnel, for all your work! Good Luck in all your future endeavors!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Nebilim » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:53 pm

Awesome! Joe has done a great work on Ultimate Rhoads :)
Will this site move to DreamHost as well? :) don't forget who
pointed you in that direction in the first place ;)

Postby skezza » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:40 pm

Thank you very much for all your support.

I'm really looking forward to running the site and I hope JakeELee.com can continue to grow like it has done for the last 10 years!

I think it's really important to acknowledge the work that Jeff has put in since taking over the site. Even now, he's working hard to ensure that the website is migrated in a smooth fashion. Thank you again Jeff. It's been a wonderful 10 years and we're all incredibly grateful for everything you've done for the site.

Just to quickly outline my intentions for JakeELee.com...

Temporarily, the site will be converted to a normal style forum. All of your user accounts, posts and private messages have been retained so it will be just like using JakeELee.com now, but with a slightly different skin. Let me assure you, this is only a temporary measure while I develop a new content-based website for JakeELee.com. Once I've finished developing the site, it will be merged with the forum and the site will become a fully live portal, similar to this but with a totally new look and feel. As I've promised all along, none of your posts, user accounts or private messages will be lost.

For those wondering why I'm not simply transferring the site in it's exact current form, the decision has been taken out of my hands. This software is developed for an older version of mySQL. The one my host provides is essentially too new and unfortunately, software incompatibility means I cannot get the current database to communicate with the PHP code. I've tried to modify the PHP code to incorporate the new SQL connection, but unfortunately I've been unable to get this working. I apologize for this.

And Nebilim, yes, it'll be hosted by Dreamhost on high speed servers located in USA :)
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Postby cHetlives » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:19 pm

This is AWESOME! Glad to see the site is going to be around for a while!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Nebilim » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:55 am

skezza wrote:
And Nebilim, yes, it'll be hosted by Dreamhost on high speed servers located in USA :)

Well, awesome seems to be my new favorite word, so I'll use it again ;) AWESOME! :D
don't remember where I got DreamHost from but I think it was
from a former version of zakkwylde.com ;)

Postby plexi45 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:59 am

Thanks Jeff, for all your work on this website and for hanging in there, through all the years. It cant have been easy! You did a brilliant job!
Just want to welcome Skezza and I am sure he will put his heart and soul in to it.
Good Luck Jeff!!

Killer of Giants

Postby Aga-Ta » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:18 pm

I'm glad that someone will still continue to carry out this site :D
I'm really glad and I appreciate Jefnel work so far - of course :)

Ultimate Sinner

Postby AZFF » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:00 pm

Thank you Jefnel1 for all the time and energy you have put into this site for the last 10+ years, I know I appreciate it as do others here on the forum. Best wishes to you!

Thank you Skeeza for taking this site over. I feel there are good things to come in the near future here at JakeELee.com

I don't always come here as often as I'd like and I don't post very much. I'm more of a lurker here, but this is the only Jake Forum that I have been able to locate on the web and I enjoy the site.

Thank you Gentlemen.

Respectfully,

Scott Diaz

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:22 pm

Thank you, Skezza for saving JEL.com!! I believe you will do a fantastic job and keep the site up to the high standards Chris/Jeff started and ran the site. :D

And thank you Jeff, for all of your hard work, time for the past 10 years!! You will be missed as administrator. Hopefully, you will continue to visit and post too!! Congrats on your new freedom and the sigh of relief that the site is in capible hands. 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:44 pm

skezza wrote:Thank you very much for all your support.

I'm really looking forward to running the site and I hope JakeELee.com can continue to grow like it has done for the last 10 years!

I think it's really important to acknowledge the work that Jeff has put in since taking over the site. Even now, he's working hard to ensure that the website is migrated in a smooth fashion. Thank you again Jeff. It's been a wonderful 10 years and we're all incredibly grateful for everything you've done for the site.

Just to quickly outline my intentions for JakeELee.com...

Temporarily, the site will be converted to a normal style forum. All of your user accounts, posts and private messages have been retained so it will be just like using JakeELee.com now, but with a slightly different skin. Let me assure you, this is only a temporary measure while I develop a new content-based website for JakeELee.com. Once I've finished developing the site, it will be merged with the forum and the site will become a fully live portal, similar to this but with a totally new look and feel. As I've promised all along, none of your posts, user accounts or private messages will be lost.

For those wondering why I'm not simply transferring the site in it's exact current form, the decision has been taken out of my hands. This software is developed for an older version of mySQL. The one my host provides is essentially too new and unfortunately, software incompatibility means I cannot get the current database to communicate with the PHP code. I've tried to modify the PHP code to incorporate the new SQL connection, but unfortunately I've been unable to get this working. I apologize for this.

[align=center] :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: !![/align]
------------------+-------------------
sorry peeps !!!! -i am a truth digger
Please dont mind,eh ? .....
------------------+-------------------

All Access Member

Postby oleander » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:26 pm

Skezza - congratulations, welcome & thank you for stepping up & keeping this place alive. I am in no doubt that you will do an excellent job. :D

Jeff - 'Thanks' is too small a word for your dedication to this site especially in Jake's M.I.A years when this place gave the fans a focus & somewhere to gravitate to. Thank you Jeff & see ya round :wink:

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...