Favorite LIVE solo

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: Favorite LIVE solo

Postby Kathy » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:11 pm

mskarenrocks wrote:On the big solo for the BATM tour It always looked to me like Ozzy pulled Jake's hair a little off cue or something. Like Jake was expecting the first part of the pull to be the one to tune down on. Anyone else ever thought or noticed that?

Ozzy was always pulling, bitting jumping on Jake. But he could hold him down!!
And, yeah Ive noticed it too....Ozzy couldnt be upstaged and Jake did 8)

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:14 pm

Kathy wrote:
mskarenrocks wrote:On the big solo for the BATM tour It always looked to me like Ozzy pulled Jake's hair a little off cue or something. Like Jake was expecting the first part of the pull to be the one to tune down on. Anyone else ever thought or noticed that?

Ozzy was always pulling, bitting jumping on Jake. But he could hold him down!!
And, yeah Ive noticed it too....Ozzy couldnt be upstaged and Jake did 8)

Sorry, could NOT hold him down...I saw BATM and US tours when they came to NC he was doing it then too....must have every show?

All Access Member

Postby AUSAR » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:16 am

Jakes version of mr crowley is the best live version ever!!! Wish i knew how to play it

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:56 pm

All that search/linking and cutting/clipping and then pasteing...'and research too. That's to much: I just tell you what Solo I like from the Rebel da Oge and that's "Centre of Eternity"<<very heavy & emotional, "Flying High Again" and "High Wire" etc.,. all of them trailblazer treasures!! 8O

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:24 pm

KILLER OF GIANTS...'another trailblazer that JAKE takes a home-run right out of the Park!!!! Awesome live performance, too! :twisted:

Postby unomundo » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:56 pm

Shadow - have you noticed that Jake uses a run that is very similar to the opening of the Centre of Eternity solo (3:24 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sG_v0U_7lY&feature=fvsr) as a fill in Hard Driver (2:24 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOOn2WHLEdA) from the first Badlands album? When I first heard it during Hard Driver it was like deja vu and at first I couldn't remember where I heard it - it drove me nuts for a couple of days since I knew I heard it before...

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:51 am

:arrow: no no no this iz the Craziest and the Ultimate BEST VERSION of COE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyZ9kvPo ... re=related

(the whole concept of tight playing , solo or not)

:!:
------------------+-------------------
sorry peeps !!!! -i am a truth digger
Please dont mind,eh ? .....
------------------+-------------------

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:37 pm

Any Bark at the Moon solo is THE shit in my books. Second runner up would be one that, sadly enough, I can't find on DVD ... Love at First Bite from his Wicked Alliance tour. Jeeeeeeez, it's jammin'!!!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby metalk76 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:51 pm

Right... Bark at the moon solo is awesome Too. The Suicide solution solo on batm tour... Jake is so amazing!! :wink: Ozzy is loving-it... So cool 8) Never heard that "love at first bite" WA!!!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:46 am

metalk76 wrote:Right... Bark at the moon solo is awesome Too. The Suicide solution solo on batm tour... Jake is so amazing!! :wink: Ozzy is loving-it... So cool 8) Never heard that "love at first bite" WA!!!

Yesssssssss, Suicide Solution solo is the shit, too. When I saw WA Jake did an extended solo in the middle of the song. Fanfuckintastic, it was!! But, then again, all of his extended solos are :lol:

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:49 am

Extended solo in the midst of Love at First Bite, that is.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby metalk76 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:17 pm

Doobie wrote:
metalk76 wrote:Right... Bark at the moon solo is awesome Too. The Suicide solution solo on batm tour... Jake is so amazing!! :wink: Ozzy is loving-it... So cool 8) Never heard that "love at first bite" WA!!!

Yesssssssss, Suicide Solution solo is the shit, too. When I saw WA Jake did an extended solo in the middle of the song. Fanfuckintastic, it was!! But, then again, all of his extended solos are :lol:
Ah man!! I wish I could see that!!! 8)

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:25 pm

Yeah, that's most interesting...'it does sound heavy Rockin' similar here & there. Cool!! Awesome catch there, unomundo.

unomundo wrote:Shadow - have you noticed that Jake uses a run that is very similar to the opening of the Centre of Eternity solo (3:24 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sG_v0U_7lY&feature=fvsr) as a fill in Hard Driver (2:24 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOOn2WHLEdA) from the first Badlands album? When I first heard it during Hard Driver it was like deja vu and at first I couldn't remember where I heard it - it drove me nuts for a couple of days since I knew I heard it before...

Postby Suziegail » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:02 am

Hi All, I'm brand new to this so please forgive me if my comments are redundant. I was 14 when BATM came out and sadly, my mom wouldn't let me go to an Ozzy show back then (the whole bat biting thing freaked her out...Lol). When I finally saw the BATM SLC show, I had shivers running up my spine. It was like instant euphoria. Jake was/is one of the most talented musicians I've ever heard from Ozzy to RDC. He isn't given nearly the credit he deserves. He set a standard that few musicians could ever compare to. I look forward to new "blow me away" moments and so glad he is BACK!!!!!!!

Postby godjake » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:45 pm

when the song rock and roll rebel ends jake does this very short insane tapping lick..
it has just blown me away
can somebody do a lesson or tab it please

Previous

Return to All things Jake E Lee...