old post

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Secret Loser

Re: old post

Postby angelrabbit » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:13 am

Doobie wrote:Sharon Osbourne or his lady Sharon?

Sharon Osbourne :P

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:48 am

angelrabbit wrote:the reason why Jake got the job over George Lynch was because
he had better/longer hair>

You have to say ' one of the reasons was that ..'

or maybe I don't?! 8)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby metalk76 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:28 am

Grades a, b, c are good grades in Canada as well .... :) Jake is an intelligent man, not just in music, as we can see :wink: :D

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:02 pm

This is from Mrs. Williams book.
When Jake was in the 6th grade (Im guessing 11 or 12 years old), he refused to become apart of "the gifted childrens program". Only children considered to be exceptionally bright were offered the right to particapate in the program. Jake refused to particapate in the program. He did not want any special treatment.

To answer Dixiefix question of when Jake left home for good.
Mrs. Williams said Jake had attended a community college, majoring in music. He quit going claiming he knew everything the music instructor was teaching and that was boring. He decided a college education was not needed to learn how to play guitar on stage. He left home for good, three years after high school graduation...(I'm thinking 21 or 22 years of age). he left with a old amplifer and the Gibson he treasured. No money or car. He lived with different friends. She doesnt say how long this went on..
Then he moved to LA.

Secret Loser

Postby angelrabbit » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:11 am

Some champters from the Mrs. Shizu's book were translated into Japanese and featured in Burrn! a long time ago..

One of the stories:
Mrs. Shizu was proud of Jake's thick black hair when he was a
newborn baby. She said, babies of Caucasian usually look like bald head when they were
born, but babies of Mongoloid have much hair. So, Jake had thick hair, she said all the
nurses of the hospital where he was born were crazy about him, called him (baby Presley).

It seems Jake's hair helps him a lot

Long live Jake's hair :P

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby metalk76 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:01 pm

This is so sweet <3 Baby Presley! So from the day he was born, Jake makes girls go nuts about him :D :wink:

All Access Member

Postby Snowy » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:47 pm

Kathy wrote:This is from Mrs. Williams book.
When Jake was in the 6th grade (Im guessing 11 or 12 years old), he rHe left home for good, three years after high school graduation...(I'm thinking 21 or 22 years of age). he left with a old amplifer and the Gibson he treasured. No money or car. He lived with different friends. She doesnt say how long this went on..
Then he moved to LA.

This must have been when he lived at Warren DeMartini's house. I remember Warren saying in an interview when he lived at home in La Jolla, Jake crashed with them before he moved to LA.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Happy Bunny. Copy and paste him into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:26 am

metalk76 wrote:This is so sweet <3 Baby Presley! So from the day he was born, Jake makes girls go nuts about him :D :wink:

hehe, apparently :twisted:
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:19 pm

Thank you verry much Kathy :D you didnt have to worry about to hurry....

well i checked Wipi an A is an A :!: ...A B C D F, E, I, N, U . These ARE alot of grades . As i went to h-school in SW then grades were only 5=best to 1=! then they changed later
he left with a old amplifer and the Gibson he treasured. No money or car :lol: sounds like a real urban cowboy to me ,no car in L.A is really impossible i suppose
He left home for good, three years after high school graduation
so he went to this college for 3years -or what else ?
:)
------------------+-------------------
sorry peeps !!!! -i am a truth digger
Please dont mind,eh ? .....

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:11 pm

dixiefix wrote:Thank you verry much Kathy :D you didnt have to worry about to hurry....

well i checked Wipi an A is an A :!: ...A B C D F, E, I, N, U . These ARE alot of grades . As i went to h-school in SW then grades were only 5=best to 1=! then they changed later
he left with a old amplifer and the Gibson he treasured. No money or car :lol: sounds like a real urban cowboy to me ,no car in L.A is really impossible i suppose

Mrs. Williams did not say how long Jake attended college. After he quit college. I guess he lived at home. She didnt say what else he was doing during the 3years besides. Jake may have graduated high school in 1975 and left 1978. So, Im assuming he was getting his new band Teaser together. Teaser's first gig was in July of 1979 in a teen night club in San Diego. Sadly, that was the night Jake's younger sister was in a fatal vehicle accident. Mrs. Williams said she never knew for sure, if Susan made it to the club to see Jake's show. :cry:

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:35 pm

But here is a funny story from Mrs. Williams book

When Jake was 16 years old, he joined a band playing clubs around the local naval bases. But, he didnt last more than a few months with them. The band's leader,also the lead singer, complained Jake "played his guitar too loud." And Jake replied, "I'm a artist. No one tells me how to play my guitar!" ....He was fired on the spot.

Then Jake formed his own band, practicing 2 or 3 times per week in the William's family garage. Mrs. Williams goes on to say, Jake could not find a singer that satisfied him. And, the years when he had his own band finding a singer was a struggle for him.

She didn't say what the name of the band was. And she did not mention any names of his band mates. Since she said this happended when Jake was 16 it was 1973.

Secret Loser

Postby angelrabbit » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:30 am

Seems finding a good singer is always a hard thing to do.

Can't he sing by himself? I remember after Ozzy, he said he started to think
that he would sing by himself if he couldn't find good singer

I'd be glad to hear if Jake can sing well 8) 8)

In fact, I do want to hear him sing,
maybe not every, but one or two songs of the album

Secret Loser

Postby angelrabbit » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:41 am

自分で歌えよ ジェイク遠藤!! :P

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:16 pm

angelrabbit wrote:自分で歌えよ ジェイク遠藤!! :P

:D what's ''endo'' i checked google
yeah listen AFPM's Atomic holiday there he sings /talks pretty goood

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:26 pm

Kathy wrote:
dixiefix wrote:Thank you verry much Kathy :D you didnt have to worry about to hurry....

Mrs. Williams did not say how long Jake attended college. After he quit college. I guess he lived at home. She didnt say what else he was doing during the 3years besides. Jake may have graduated high school in 1975 and left 1978. So, Im assuming he was getting his new band Teaser together. Teaser's first gig was in July of 1979 in a teen night club in San Diego. Sadly, that was the night Jake's younger sister was in a fatal vehicle accident. Mrs. Williams said she never knew for sure, if Susan made it to the club to see Jake's show. :cry:
great biography of Jakey THANKS bringing it up here!!
That's a real sad incidence of his sister Susan R.I.P

PreviousNext

Return to All things Jake E Lee...